HISTORY

Our company began producing filet in 1926 in the Tuscan town of  Quarrata, a short way from Florence, Italy. During the period of the Second World War, the company was closed but re-opened in 1951 with the successful launch of the company’s production of high quality embroidered linen. Using only the most accomplished works in the field of this Tuscan tradition of embroidery, the company reintroduced beautiful embroidery styles and designs, such as “Catherine of Medici” and the famous “Princess”. This high quality work characterize the company’s production even today.

Filet embroiders - early 1900s

Filet embroiders - 1940

Mrs Noemi - company founder

In 1964, Bagni Volpi Noemi expanded considerably by opening a company on the island of Madeira, dedicated to the production of hand-embroidered articles of extreme class and beauty. The highly esteemed work carried out in Madeira specialized in embroidery styles such as intaglio work, drawn-thread work and needlepoint, and only the finest linen, silk and cotton fabrics are used. 

Embroiders 1940

With a view to expanding into foreign markets and especially in the American market, we set up a new company in January 1997 called Bagni Volpi Noemi USA, which has its headquarters in Seattle. Here, we have been experimenting with new techniques on satin, quality cottons, piquet and toweling fabrics, in a bid to add a new element of creativity to our work. 

As a company, we are committed to furthering the beauty and class of home furnishings. We are sure you will find the personalized designs, style and elegance of our products pure joy to behold!